Easy and affordable colon cancer screening
When your doctor recommends a colonoscopy — the most effective test for the detection and prevention of colorectal cancer — you have a choice of where to have it done.
GPSC makes getting screened easy and affordable. By scheduling your colonoscopy with us, you’re assured a timely appointment, a comfortable experience and exceptional medical care, without the higher costs of a hospital-based procedure.
During your colonoscopy, you’ll receive mild sedation to minimize any discomfort. We use the most advanced, high-definition endoscopic equipment to screen the entire length of your colon. Should we detect any abnormal growths — called polyps — we’ll remove them and send them to the lab for analysis. We'll contact your doctor as soon as we have the results so you don’t have to wait and worry.
When to get screened for colorectal cancer
As the second leading cause of cancer-related death in men and women, colorectal cancer is also one of the most preventable cancers when detected early.
Colorectal cancer tends to run in families, but there are other factors that can increase your risk. Talk to your doctor about whether you need a colonoscopy if you:
- Are 50 years old and over
- Have a family history of colorectal cancer (in this case, have your first colonoscopy 10 years before the age when your first-degree relative was diagnosed with the disease)
- Have been diagnosed with polyps
- Have a family history of breast, uterine or ovarian cancer
- Have blood in your stool
- Have frequent lower abdominal cramping
- Have unexplained weight loss
- Have a chronic sense of bloating, fullness or general discomfort in your stomach
To get a list of physicians currently performing colonoscopies at GPSC and to schedule your colonoscopy, please call us at 541-472-4880.