The following instructions are for your safety and health. If you prefer a paper version, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to download a printable copy, or call our office and we will mail you one.
A nurse will contact you by telephone the day prior to your scheduled procedure. Pre-surgery calls are done between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Please call 541-472-4880 if you have not received a call. We try to honor all appointment times, but we cannot anticipate emergencies that may affect our schedule. We will alert you the day before if your time has been changed. We ask that you arrive approximately 1 hour prior to your scheduled surgery time.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) after midnight unless otherwise instructed. You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth, but please don't swallow.
- Smoking reduces your body's ability to heal and can contribute to infection. Please limit or abstain from smoking the morning of surgery.
- No alcohol the night prior to surgery (there is a possibility of alcohol reacting with the anesthetic agents).
- Uncontrolled blood sugar can contribute to infection. Speak with your physician if you do not have good control of your blood sugar.
- Bathe in the morning before coming to the surgery center and wear freshly laundered clothing. You will be asked to change into a patient gown. For proper healing and to prevent infection, good hand hygiene is essential. Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- DO NOT shave on or near the surgical site.
- If you wear glasses, please bring an eyeglass case.
- Leave all valuables, including money and jewelry, at home.
- If you have a child that is a patient, he/she may bring a favorite toy or blanket.
- Please call Grants Pass Surgery Center before your surgery if you have a fever or other infection.
The Surgery center is committed to preventing patients from developing infections as a result of surgery. Please do not feel awkward or reluctant to ask questions about our infection prevention program or to ask a physician or nurse involved in your care to wash their hands.
A RESPONSIBLE ADULT MUST DRIVE YOU HOME. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIDE, YOUR PROCEDURE WILL BE CANCELLED.
If you have any questions about these instructions, please call us at 541-472-4880.